Sunday, January 8, 2012

Should auld acquaintance be forgot...

We have finally reached 2012, the year of the Olympics in London. Just as we leave the continent...

It's hard to say goodbye to 2011, especially when 2011 was such good year, I don't know how we are going to make 2012 better than the last 12 months.

As we don't celebrate thanksgiving in the UK, New Year is the time of year when I want to remember and be thankful for all of the people who have really been exceptional family and friends this year. There are a lot of you.

So I'm going to try to name all of you, although it's likely I'll forget someone, like I say, this is a very long list! So if you are not here, it doesn't mean I don't love you, just that I have so many great friends and family that it's hard to keep track.

Mum and Ian:

Photographed by Brandon Kidd Photography
I am always thankful to have you both in my life. I am so lucky to have you. I know that even now it's not 2011, and even when it is 3011, you will still both be a huge part of my life. Thank you for always being there, for looking out for me, even when I don't appreciate or understand it. Thank you for being my teachers, my guides and my friends.

Charles:

Photographed by Brandon Kidd Photography

I know sometimes you feel overlooked. I know that I don't always acknowledge how amazing you are in the way that I should, I just forget that you don't always see what I see, and I assume you know, rather than making it clear. Thats probably because you have been my constant. Regardless of what has happened in my life, good or bad, you have always been there, supporting me. I suppose I have taken it for granted. In 2012, I will make sure you know how loved and respected you are, and how important you are to me. Thank you for always being honest with me, and for supporting me, even when you know I am wrong.


Caitlin:



My sister. My sister who I don't see often enough. I know that it's hard to find time for each other, particularly when we are so busy (and living on different continents). Thank you for always being my sister, I hope to spend more time with you in 2012.

Dad and Christine:


Thank you for taking the first baby steps. I know the past few years have been strange, and I know that changing that is difficult. I hope to take some more baby steps with you in 2012.

Joyce and Ernie:


Photographed by Brandon Kidd Photography

Thank you for not only accepting me as Gary's wife, but as part of your family. You have always made me feel welcome and appreciated. Even though we live further away then we did, we will make sure we see you more in 2012.

Lee and Carol:


Photographed by Brandon Kidd Photography

Thank you for being our rocks during the wedding. You were the first ones at the venue when we realised that there was a lot of work to do, and you did not complain, you just got involved and helped to make the wedding a success. I think I would have had a melt down without you two there. Thank you for your support and friendship, both Gary and I really appreciate it, more than you know.

Dave and Alison:

Photographed by Brandon Kidd Photography

Thank you for raising such amazing kids. James, Sarah and Kerry are truly a credit to you, and we have been so lucky to have you all as part of our lives. From the quizzes on boxing day, to having the girls be bridesmaids for us at the wedding, you are all an important part of our lives, and we are so glad you were able to come out to California with us.

Derrick and Audrey:


Photographed by Brandon Kidd Photography


Another set of rocks. You were the second on the scene at the wedding venue and I was so happy for all of your help, we really needed it, and you were absolutely fantastic. Derrick, your speech was fabulous, an extremely generous gesture.

Steve and Jan:


Jan, you threw the best surprise for Steve's 50th, and we were so glad we could be there to celebrate with you. Thank you for always providing the fun and laughter, we hope to be a part of more of that in 2012.

Gemma:

Photographed by Brandon Kidd Photography

The best maid of honour I could ever have wished for. Thank you for putting up with my stressing over my hen night (and for planning the best night ever) and for wedging me into my dress on the wedding day. Its weird not being only a drive away from you, but we'll make the most of it in 2012.

Catherine and Mike:

Photographed by Brandon Kidd Photography

Catherine, thank you for caring about us. The one thing you do best is worry about how we are all doing and because of that, we are all doing so great. Thank you for always doing everything you can to keep us all together, it is really appreciated. I love you and you will always be an important part of my life. Mike, thank you for being you. You have been an important part of our lives since you have been with Catherine, not least because you make her so happy. From joining Brandon's photography team (including jumping in the bush) to helping Gary deal with the police on our wedding day, you have joined in and truly become one of our most cherished friends.

Kerry and Sy:

Photographed by Brandon Kidd Photography

I don't know where to start with my thanks. Kerry, you have been there for me over every single tiny insignificant worry and moan and rant. I only hope that I have returned the favour, at least a little bit, and that I can be as good a friend to you are you are to me. It's weird not spending my lunch breaks with you anymore! I miss our Nero chats. Sy, you have always made me laugh, even when I've been in a bad mood. Although I am offended that you have stopped singing the Lloyds TSB Advert at me, which suggests you think I am not too fat to be a ballet dancer!

Ali:

Photographed by Brandon Kidd Photography

Thank you for being so kind. You flew all the way out to California, by yourself, to be a part of our wedding. It means more to me than I can say. You have a huge heart and you deserve the best in 2012. You have always been there for me, and I hope that I can return the favour, whenever you need me, I am here.

Tony and Adrienne:

Photographed by Brandon Kidd Photography

Thank you for always being part of our lives. You have always made the effort to come and celebrate with us at any opportunity, treating us likely a true part of your family. You are truly a part of ours. We hope to celebrate with you some more in 2012.

Rachel and Sarah:

Photographed by Brandon Kidd Photography

Life seriously would not be the same without you two! We are so glad that you are a part of our family, it makes our world much more fun! Lets have more fun in 2012.

Chris and Krys:

Photographed by Brandon Kidd Photography

Seriously, you guys flew all the way from Hong Kong to be with us at our wedding. We cannot thank you enough for that. It's lovely to know that it doesn't really matter where we are in the world, we can still count on our friends. Hopefully we'll see you in Hong Kong in 2012.

Jason and Melissa:

Photographed by Brandon Kidd Photography

You have both been so sweet over the past year. We absolutely love that you were able to join us at our wedding, and to every other celebration in-between. It's strange not seeing you so often.


Heather, Troy, Kate and Christy:

Photographed by Brandon Kidd Photography

To the superheros. You took our dreams and made them come true. You saw a problem and you fixed it, again and again and again. You were truly worth your weight in gold, and we cannot imagine our wedding without you being a huge part of it. I hope you have even more success in 2012.

Brandon and Kristin:

Photographed by Brandon Kidd Photography

You guys were just so amazing. We could not have asked for a better couple to be a part of our wedding. From the first day we met Brandon, we were blown away by your kindness. You two are truly wonderful people, not to mention, your photographs are crazy awesome.

Chad, Drew and Brandon:


Photographed by Brandon Kidd Photography


Thank you to the most generous people we have ever met. You totally saw and understood our wedding, and the highlights reel was THE most amazing piece of footage I have ever seen. You captured us and our family and friends exactly as we are, but better. You have created something which we will treasure forever and were absolutely amazing while you were shooting it.

JP Reynolds:

Photographed by Brandon Kidd Photography

The master of ceremonies. You have the most incredible gift. You literally reduced our entire wedding party to tears, and created a beautiful and moving ceremony, which we will all remember for the rest of our lives. We are really touched by your interest and the hard work you put in to make it the most spectacular day.

Kate Holt:

You took a concept and made it so beautiful it actually hurt to look at all your flowers. The bouquets lasted for over a week after the wedding, and they travelled with us up to Big Sur and then onto San Francisco. You and your team have the most incredible vision.


Stevie Rae Stevens:


Photographed by Brandon Kidd Photography

Your voice gives me goosebumps. Thank you so much for trekking all the way to sing for us. I know the trip down was chaotic and I am just so glad you made it! Hopefully we'll see you again in the future.

Duo Catering and Events:

Thank you for the most delicious food I have ever tasted. You all worked so hard to provide everything we wanted, and were so flexible, allowing us to put together a spectacular menu. We were truly blessed to be able to work with you.

Blu Note Party Band:

Photographed by Brandon Kidd Photography

You rocked that party. Everyone is still raving about you. We wish you all the best in 2012.


Nicole Deanne:

Photographed by Brandon Kidd Photography

All of the bridal party looked more than incredible, thanks to you. You were such a joy to work with, and we were so lucky we had you on board.

Gary:

Photographed by Brandon Kidd Photography

Finally, I want to thank my husband. This has been an absolutely incredible year, thanks to you. i hope we can make next year just as special. xxxxx

New Years Eve we went to Le Central, a french restaurant at La Cigale Hotel. It was a 5 course set menu, followed by a party at midnight. It was absolutely beautiful. We actually had savoury ice cream for the first course, which was really surreal, it tasted pretty good but I couldn't get over the fact that it wasn't sweet!

Here are some pictures of us at Le Central:








They gave us a party bag each, with hats and masks and party poppers, to see in the New Year. How cool do we look? 









No comments:

Post a Comment