Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Santa Claus is coming to town!

He even managed to find us in Doha, which is pretty spectacular given we'd only been in the house for about 4 days before Christmas.

Clearly we have been better boys and girls than we knew, because our Christmas presents were simply perfect for us. I am so excited by our Christmas presents that I am devoting a whole post to them!

First of all, Santa Claus was clearly listening to my whinging about having my wedding perfume stolen along with my handbag and all my other worldly possessions in Spain in September, as he not only gifted me with a new bottle of J'adore by Dior perfume, but also with the matching hair mist. Clearly Santa Claus also knows that I tend to overuse my perfume by spraying it in my hair whenever I wear it, trying to achieve that subtle cloud of fragrance thing, and failing miserably. Never again shall I waste my wedding perfume on my hair, and actually the hair mist is supposed to not only make your locks smell good enough to eat, but also apparently makes your hair additionally shiny, bonus!

It also came all wrapped up in a pretty bag, with ribbons! If any of you hadn't guessed, I'm developing an obsession with making presents look like they have come straight out of a magazine shoot. I've not mastered the technique, but Santa clearly has. Although in my defence, he has had eons of time to practice!





Gary also received wedding related gifts from Santa Claus. He must have been watching closely to realise that Gary was going to run out of his wedding aftershave exactly one week before Christmas. Gary had complained on several occasions that he was running out and needed a new supply, and Santa kindly gifted him with Portofino by Tom Ford aftershave. Santa even kindly chose the bigger bottle, to keep Gary in plentiful supply right into the New Year.




I was also so so lucky to get an extra present from Santa Claus. For years I have been using my iPhone to check the time, which is relatively difficult to do if you are in the middle of a Court hearing, without looking like you are bored and playing angry birds (which I wasn't by the way mum). 

So Santa Claus has brought me THE most stunning watch I have ever seen. I love love love love love it! I am wearing it right now, as I type, and I keep checking the time, just so I have an excuse to look at it. Here it is!




Isn't she beautiful? And once again, Santa kindly wrapped it up in a pretty box! I think I may be adopting Gary's hobbit like hoarding tendencies, although thankfully we no longer live in a one bedroom flat, so keeping the odd pretty box is not going to make the house burst at the seams, not yet anyway! 

Mum, Ian and Charles sent me some Christmas and Harry Potter movies via iTunes, which I am very impressed by. Although I have not been able to access my Apple ID in order to download them to iTunes, because it has decided to not recognise my email address, user name or password, which is vaguely frustrating, but once I have managed to get them onto the computer, I'm going to watch them, all of them, even if it is July. Miracle on 34th Street may be a Christmas movie, but it's a feel good movie at any time of year! 

I hope Santa Claus was just as thoughtful when he decided on your Christmas presents and that you are feeling as spoiled as I am! 

Merry Christmas! 

Lora xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment