Sunday, January 1, 2012

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

Yes, I know this blog post is ridiculously late, as are all the other ones I have ready to post. We have been without Wifi as we moved house and so I have a lot to catch up on.

Time seems to fly here and I can't believe we are already in 2012, although I'll dwell on that when we finally get to my New Year's Eve post, probably in about July.

This Christmas was a lot of firsts for us; the first Christmas since we've been married; the first Christmas in Doha; the first Christmas away from all of our families and friends; the first Christmas without any pots and pans, real glasses, plates and cutlery.

As we had absolutely no chance of cooking christmas dinner using only a wok, a griddle pan and a teeny tiny metal saucepan, not to mention that we currently only possess two plates, three knives and forks and three spoons, we decided to go out for Christmas dinner.

To add to the surreal feel, we celebrated Christmas on Christmas Eve, as Gary was working Christmas day, because it was a Sunday. So we decided to have a non Christmassy Christmas, and headed to the Four Seasons for brunch:


The Four Seasons is a beautiful hotel, as you can see:


How amazing is that view?


We had brunch in the Arabica Tent Restaurant, which was down the steps onto the sea front:



The brunch buffet was gorgeous, particularly the cakes, there were so many choices that I think I put on 10lbs just from the cakes! I mean't to take a picture of all the yummy desserts but unfortunately they were all gone by the time I picked up my camera again. So here is a picture of the buffet without cake, for future reference, pictures first, cake second Lora.


It was extremely surreal having Christmas in the sun, without any turkey, yet with the biggest Christmas tree I have ever seen:



Finally here is a couple of pictures of us, Gary is actually in the restaurant and not just sitting with his back to a random beige wall!





And for perspective on how huge the Christmas tree was, here is me underneath it!

I think our first Christmas in Doha was a success all in all. Hopefully next year we will actually have cooking implements and can do a traditional Christmas at home. Hopefully some of you will come and join us too.

I hope everyone's Christmas's were full of love and laughter.

Lora xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment