Tuesday, August 28, 2012

We are on the move.... again!

I know that most of you already know that we are no longer in Doha, but I wanted to post about our move, so I'm doing it in the order I should have posted in! 

Gary has decided that a move from the UK for Qatar in November 2011 was not quite enough, and has  been lucky enough to be offered a great job in a great new country, the United Arab Emirates, to be exact. 

We have headed out to Dubai to start our new life there, and not a moment too soon, we only just managed to leave the country before I was too heavily pregnant to fly. 

We had a complete fiasco at the airport in Doha when we tried to leave. The policy about how late I could fly when pregnant with you was not clear at all and the ground crew decided I was more pregnant than I was, and more pregnant than my doctors note said I was, and refused to allow me to get on the airplane. 

It took a lot of arguments, a trip to see the airline doctor (who refused to see me) and eventually a complete meltdown into tears from me before everything got sorted and we were put on the next available flight! It was lucky we weren't travelling anywhere obscure, with only one flight a day, or we'd have been stuck there. Definitely not good when the Qatari Government have cancelled your visas and legally you have to leave that day! 


However, we are now safely in Dubai, and Gary has begun working for Pepsico. 




As most of you know, Gary is fiercely loyal to the brands for the company he works for. I have spent the last few years being told off for buying anything from Tesco, instead of M&S (not that it happened very often... mmmm M&S Melt in the Middle Chocolate Puddings!). 

So, you will easily be able to guess that Coca Cola is banned from our household for the foreseeable future. Thankfully Pepsico also manufacture many other products, most of which I am a fan of. Here is part of the list of allowable produce, in case any of you want to join in with the loyalty scheme ;-)


  • Pepsi
  • Sierra Mist
  • Tropicana
  • Gatorade
  • Ocean Spray
  • Mountain Dew
  • Aquafina
  • Walkers/Lays Crisps
  • Doritos
  • Cheetos
  • Wotsits and Quavers
  • Quaker Oats

If you want to break Gary out into a sweat, offer him a can of Coca Cola.... 





No comments:

Post a Comment