Saturday, February 11, 2012

Happy Birthday to You, Happy Birthday to You!

Gary turned 34 on the 26th of January. These pics are a little late, but that we because we were too busy celebrating to post on the blog.

Gary has been harping on about making curry from scratch, and so I made a homemade Indian meal consisting of:

Starter:

Vegetable Samosas

Main Course:

Lamb Rogan Josh
Naan Bread

Dessert:

Chocolate Brownie with Salted Caramel Butter Sauce and Vanilla Ice Cream

Yes I know that the dessert is not indian in origin, but dessert should always include chocolate in my book. 

I even made the Naan bread from scratch, go me! 

Of course, not all of it was a stroke of genius. The recipe for the main course called for 10 large Cardamon Pods, so I added those, and the entire dish just tasted like cardamon. So note to self, no cardamon next time. 

Here are some photos of the table I set up for the evening. There are no photos of the food as we were too busy eating it! 















No comments:

Post a Comment